Technical Introduction: Delegated User Management
The delegated user management (DUM) feature is an add-on application for your Onegini Consumer Identity Manager platform. It is a ready-to-use feature that enables a company to provide selected third-party contacts with access to their insurance policies and contracts through their Onegini Consumer Identity Manager platform in a secure way. It can be configured easily for the needs of different industries and client-types.
The feature consists of both the front-end and the core applications:
DUM consists of two components:
- The core application (aka DUM Engine) is a backend component that comes with a REST API interface. The application is deployed in a docker container. The application handles authentication with Basic Auth and also through the SAML protocol.
- The front-end (aka DUM Application) is a web application that offers a user interface. The DUM web application is considered a DUM Engine web client. An end-user can access business functionality of the application through a clear user interface. In addition, it includes other functionality such as assigning contacts.
The pages within this site focus on the DUM Application.
On this documentation site you will find material to guide you through every stage of the installation & configuration of the DUM Application.
The Quick start chapter contains information to test your environment such as docker configuration, and outlines the first steps required in order to get the application running correctly.
The configuration chapter contains the Security, Engine and Onegini Consumer Identity Manager properties necessary for installation.
Topic Guides contain information to assist with the configuration of end-user login features, the set-up of permissions and scopes for the user, and policies management.
Before you begin the installation process for the DUM Application it is essential to have the following:
- Onegini Consumer Identity Manager and DUM Engine configured and running
- A prepared docker environment
- Docker-compose tool which runs applications on docker
Once you have completed all steps above, you can proceed to the Quick start chapter to commence installing the DUM Application.