Configuration setup example apps
1. Login on the Token Server admin
Make sure you login using administrator access to the Token Server admin UI. You should either receive the credentials from Onegini when using a hosted (trial) environment. Otherwise, you can ask your system administrator in your organization for the credentials as setup in quickstart installation.
2. Configure Identity provider
Under the Identity provider configuration (
admin/identity-provider-config), we'll setup a custom IdP by clicking the Add button.
We use the Custom (Browser) type for testing purposes only. This IdP allows app users to register no matter what (
allow access grant).
We'll give it an identifier and a name, so it can be referenced in the application config. Let's use
custom for the identifier and
Custom IdP as name.
Furthermore we'll set this config as default and enable it.
3. Add read scope
Go to the Configuration section (
admin/oauth-config) and click Scopes (
Click the Add button to add the read scope.
read will be the identifier. The required authentication level and usage limit are both 0.
It does not matter whether Persistent consent is checked or unchecked.
4. Add application config
Now we'll add configuration specific to our new application:
- Identifier is
- Choose a name for the application, e.g.
Example app for quickstart.
- Flows, choose:
- Redirect URL is
- Access grant validity: 300 seconds.
- Access token validity: 3600 seconds.
- Resource gateway: leave empty.
- Default scopes:
- Additional scopes: leave empty.
- Identity provider, select the
Custom IdPthat we have just created.
- Additional user verification: leave empty.
- PIN authentication: checked.
- Custom Authenticators enabled: unchecked if present in the form.
- Fingerprint authentication: unchecked.
- Implicit Authentication: checked. If the checkbox is disabled, make sure you have applied the
- Max PIN attempts 3.
- Select the correct certificate(s) when using https for the Token Server. Otherwise the app cannot connect to the Token Server over https. Contact your sysadmin if you cannot select the correct certificate(s).
- Logo Url and prefix can be empty.
Skip Consent page,
Skip Complete pageand
Development mode. You can upload new certificates under:
Add App version
In the list of App configurations, click on the App configuration that you have just created (
On this page you can add an App version. You must do this for each new version of the app for each platform.
- Choose Platform
- Application signature: you can fill out
anything, because we have checked
development modein the App configuration.
- Tampering protection, Payload encryption and Disabled: do not check.
- Push messaging configuration: leave it empty if present in the form.
Now you should be able to test the configuration using the example app. Let us know if you have any troubles.