Delegated User Management Engine
Delegated user management (DUM) is an add-on application for your platform. It is a ready-to-use feature that enables you to let selected (third-party) contacts manage access and authorizations for other users in a secure way. This helps you reduce the management overhead. It can be configured easily for the needs of different industries and client-types.
DUM consists of two components:
- The core application (aka DUM Engine) is a backend component that comes with a REST API interface. The application is deployed in a docker container. The application handles authentication with Basic Auth and also through the SAML protocol.
- The front-end (aka DUM app) is a web application that offers a user interface. The DUM web application is considered a DUM-engine’s web client. An end-user can access business functionality of the application through a clear user interface. In addition, it includes other functionality such as assigning contacts.
The pages within this site focus on the DUM Engine.
On this documentation site you will find material to guide you through every stage of the installation & configuration of the DUM Engine.
The Quick start chapter contains the necessary instructions for installation.
The Topic Guides contain more detailed instructions on the configuration of the component features.
Before you begin the installation process for the DUM Engine it is essential to have the following:
- Onegini Consumer Identity Manager configured and running
- A prepared docker environment
- Docker-compose tool which runs applications on docker
Once you have completed all steps above, you can proceed with the Quick start chapter to commence installing the DUM Engine.