How and when to use group attributes¶
When DABP is used in coordination with an external system to manage users' policies it might be beneficial to be able to add a reference to a group. This can be achieved by group attributes.
When to use attributes?¶
Attributes can be helpful in a wide range of scenarios:
- Synchronization of group information with external systems (e.g. Salesforce) - the external system identifier can be stored as an attribute to allow mapping of the group with external data
- Storing additional information about a group:
- when a group represents physical offices it can be addresses or contact information
- any kind of metadata related to the group that is needed for an external system or users of DABP (e.g. Chamber of Commerce number)
- The API exposes an endpoint that allows you to search for a group with a specified attribute
Adding attributes to group¶
Attributes can be added to the group from the Group Details dialog.
+ Add custom attribute button to add a new attribute. You will need to specify a key (name) of the attribute and its value.
Click save to confirm your changes.